Friday, June 5, 2009

Finally at Home

Jace did wonderful on the ride home. He actually slept most of the way. We arrived home to balloons on the mailbox and porch. Several people had brought food for us. That was so nice not to have to worry about food and having to go to the grocery. Mom and Dad had come over earlier and cleaned out the refrigerator since we had not been home in six weeks. That is my least favorite job so that was a nice gift. Stacy came out and brought his feeding pump and the supplies we were going to need. The pump was exactly like the one we used at the hospital so that was a big relief. It was pretty overwhelming to make sure we had everything we would need and get comfortable with his medication. The hospital always had the medicine ready and all we had to do was give it to him. Now we would have to draw up the medicine too. However, things did go pretty smoothly that first night at home. Needlessly to say I didn't sleep too much that first night. I think I just laid and looked at Jace most of the night, but atleast I was in my own bed and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment